The Town of NEMI currently has the following
Employment Opportunities available:
Municipal Office Intern
The Town of Northeastern Manitoulin and the Islands is currently seeking an energetic individual to work in our administration department.
Position: Municipal Office Intern (1 Year Contract: Full-Time, 35 hours per week)
The position responsibilities include, but are not limited to performing day to day processing of municipal taxes, utilities and accounts payable transactions to ensure that municipal finances are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner as well as provide administrative support, and perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates must possess the following skills:
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial and payroll information.
- Must comply with generally accepted accounting principles and municipal financial by-laws, policies and procedures.
- Must be a University or College Graduate who has graduated within the last 3 years from an accredited College or University.
- The candidate must be a graduate of a Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma Program, preferably in the field of Business Administration, Public Administration and/or Accounting.
- This work experience must be the first full-time employment opportunity in the candidate’s field of study.
Qualified applicants may send their resumes to:
Pam Cress, Clerk
Town of NEMI
PO. Box 608
14 Water Street East
Little Current, ON P0P 1K0
We thank all applicants who apply but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
THIS OPPORTUNITY IS PROUDLY SUPPORTED BY: