Landfill Hours of Operation
|Sundays (Third Sunday of May to Third Sunday of October)||11am-6pm|
Unless previously authorized, all tipping fees shall be payable in cash at the time of delivery to the landfill site.
|White Goods (tanks)||$14.00|
|Household Furniture (including mattresses)||$14.00|
|Mounted Tire Surcharge (on rim)||$15.00|
|1/2 ton truck/trailer||$10.00|
|1 ton truck/trailer||$50.00|
|1/2 ton truck/trailer||$66.00|
|1 ton truck/trailer||$97.00|
|1/2 ton truck/trailer||$33.00|
|1 ton truck/trailer||$97.00|
|Landfill Gate Opening|
|During Business Hours||$60.00|
|After Business Hours||$119.00|
Waste & Recycling
Garbage pick-up occurs each Friday (unless otherwise notified). Please have your garbage to the curb by 7am to ensure that it is picked up.
Commercial Garbage Bin Pick-ups will occur every MONDAY, effective March 31, 2020.
Only garbage in clear garbage bags free of recycling will be picked up. Garbage Bag Tags are no longer required.
Ever wonder what can and cannot be recycled???
Here are some pointers to keep in mind when filling up your blue box!
Place beside your box:
Newspapers, magazines, household fine paper, catalogs and telephone books
• Includes advertising inserts and glossy flyers • Includes advertising inserts and glossy flyers • Photocopied paper and envelopes, NO carbon tissue • Keep newspaper separate from cardboard • Bag and place beside your blue box
• Includes advertising inserts and glossy flyers • Layered cardboard boxes with a ripple between the layers • Keep newspaper separated from cardboard • Flatten and bundle (no larger than 30″x 30″x 18″
• Cereal, detergent, shoe boxes, etc. Remove liners, flatten and stuff into a box board box • Cardboard and box board can be placed together • Place beside your blue box
Place inside your box:
Glass bottles and jars only
• Clear and colored food and beverage containers only • Remove lids and place in garbage • Place loose on Blue Box
Metal food and beverage containers
• Steel and aluminum food and beverage cans • Aluminum trays and foil • Steel lids or jar lids can be placed with metal food products • Rinse and remove lids or push into cans • Place loose into your Blue Box
Plastic Bottles and jars
• Containers that are marked on the side or the bottom • Plastic pop b bottles, water bottles, soap, anti-freeze, laundry detergent or javex bottles • Plastic lids should be put into the garbage • Containers must have screw top lids (no tubs) e.g. margarine or yogurt containers • Place loose in your Blue Box
Aseptic and Gable Tops
• Aseptic and gable top containers are the waxed juice box containers and the juice containers, such as orange juice or milk containers that come to a peak at the top of the jug • These containers are to be rinsed out and placed into the commingled blue box container
• Keep materials separated and put out your Blue Box only when it is full • If so desired, you can separate products in your Blue Box with newspaper or magazines
Please click HERE for the 2021 Recycling Schedule.